Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's Potty Time!

OH .... MY ..... GOODNESS.

I was so excited, I almost peed!

Alexandra used her new potty ALL BY HERSELF!!!

I mean, i had to show her how to sit on it from the front instead of trying to swing her leg over the entire potty like a man flipping his leg over a horse in an old Western movie ... but other than that -- SHE DID GREAT!!!

See ..... I had bought Alex a potty some time ago -- very plain, white, no frills -- that matched our bathrooms.

She would "play sit" on it ... occasionally.... but that was it.
I just thought she either wasn't interested, or it made her nervous.

I never pushed her, but i explained to her how "the potty" works every chance i got.

Well apparently she's been listening.

For Christmas, I bought Alex a new and improved potty -- that makes a little "magic wand" sound when you "flush" the potty lever, and it has a lid she can lift ....

Hubby made fun of me, btw -- buying a toilet for our baby for Christmas.  Whatevs.

Like any new toy, she's played with it when she happenes to remember it's there ... but nothing more --

UNTIL LAST NIGHT !!!!

Just before a bath, I asked a naked Alex if she wanted to use her new potty.

That itty-bitty walked right over to it.. lifted the lid .. sat down (with a little help) and started playing with the wand-sounding potty handle, just a-laughin' like there was no tomorrow.

I offered her a towel to wrap around her while she sat -- didn't want it.

After about 45 seconds, Alex stood up.   I said, "All done pee pee?"

She said nothing -- just sat back down and starting playing with the handle and giggling again..... when suddenly -- what sounded like a broken water spicket bursting at the seams.....

WE HAVE SPLASHDOWN!!!

I was so excited!  Started cheering!!!  Startled Alex a little because the spraying water sound stopped for a second... then she realize I was cheering for her ... lol .... and she finished!
Totally emptied her bladder in her little pottie, then stood up ... i gave her some toilette paper which she used to rub her butt (i helped her do it the right way) ... and finally she joinined my celebrations, throwing her arms up in the air yelling, "YAAAAAAY!" while running around the bathroom.

It was a beautiful moment i wish i had my cell phone cam nearby to capture!   :(

Now if she'll only do it when she has to go #2..........!


babies,bathrooms,commodes,people,playthings,toilet bowls,paper rolls,toys

No comments:

Post a Comment