Tuesday, January 3, 2012

YAY! We're Having Another Baby!

Now try explaining that to a 21-month-old!  HA!

I tell Alexandra -- especially when she wants "up" but i can't deal with her kicking and fidgeting -- that there's a baby in my tummy.

....Silence .....

Blank look on her face ......

Then she says, " 'Gain?" ..

Translation: Say it again mommy because you make absolutely no sense right now.

I try all different approaches..

Alex likes to flip through my cell phone pictures of her -- yes, all 500 of them -- so she came across a sonogram photo of the baby-to-be.

"That?" she asked.

I said, very excitedly, "That's a picture of the new, teeeeny-tiny baby in my tummy!".

After telling her that a few times, Alex started using her high-pitched "baby" voice to say "BABY!" every time she comes across that picture.

Not sure she gets it yet, but i think we've broken ground!


No comments:

Post a Comment