Monday, October 31, 2011

Alex Is Taking Over

WHAT ... is the DEAL?!?!?

My husband and I were just celebrating the fact that Alexandra didn't want to be rocked to sleep at night anymore -- basically because she's getting too big and can't get comfortable in my arms -- but now, she's started another bad habit.

And I think it's my fault.

When I lay Alex down in her crib at bedtime -- she thinks it's a game.

She stands up-- then throws herself back down on her mattress... she pretends to sleep-- then snaps her head up, looks at me and laughs......

Even when i leave the room, and she screams and cries hysterically ... i come back-- thinking that was a big enough threat for her to knock if off -- and the games start again.

When my husband comes in to "take over" ... Alex is O-U-T in 2 minutes.

He says i have to do better at "taking control" of bedtime ... lol.....

Hubby also doesn't like how I threaten Alex with the ol' "I'm going to tell daddy!" line when she does something wrong.

I don't know why i say it ... i never planned to ... it just kinda, rolled off my tongue the first time, when i couldn't get Alex to stop trying to flip off her changing table while i was changing her diaper.

My husband's right -- and I'm not one to admit that often.. hahah!


No comments:

Post a Comment