Thursday, October 20, 2011

Say "Bye", Or Sneak Out?

It was a rare move for the middle of the work week, but hubby and I were able to get away for a few hours Tuesday evening for a lovely date!

It took me a little too long to get out of the house though -- i was trying sooo hard to sneak out without Alexandra seeing me, then crying and giving the babysitter grief.

I did it!!!  Was so proud of myself too.  Told hubby who was waiting outside with the car running, and he asked, "Why didn't you say goodbye to Alex?"

"What?!?" I whipped my head around, looking at him in shock. "You DID???"

"Well sure," he says. "I said goodbye, and let her know i was coming back."

.....  silence ......

Great, i though. Now Alex will wonder all .... night ... long ... where i am, and whether I'm coming back.  SIGHHHHH!

Of course that didn't happen, and she was happy as a bug all night ... but still..... I'm sure she would have gotten upset if i told her i was leaving.

Don't you think?  Which is the best way to "leave" baby at home?

                    I know -- i'm a big chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment