Friday, November 4, 2011

Lips, Or Cheek?

This took me down memory lane.

As far back as i can remember, my family often greeted eachother with a kiss ... said good-bye with a kiss --

-- but always on the cheek; never on the lips.


I remember thinking how odd it was once i got into elementary school, to see parents kissing their kids on the mouth.  Hahah!   Sounds funny to me now, all these years later!    :)

As a child, I remember asking my parents why we didn't kiss on the lips.  They told me it was nasty -- terms i could understand as a tot.

Fast forward to last night ..... 

Hubby was putting Alexandra to bed, but she didn't want to see me go so i asked her for a big hug good-night.

She gave me a great hug ... then puckered up her lips, and hummed that expectant hum when you want a kiss from the person standing in front of you.

Yep -- I gave her a little kiss on the lips, fighting all those silly childhood memories that oddly flooded my brain... but of course i wonder -- does it matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment