Monday, November 28, 2011

Why Doesn't She LISTEN TO ME !!!

I've had it.   And it's only just beginning.... lol.

Alexandra has decided to not only ignore my do's and don't's ... she defies me while laughing!

Unreal.   I just don't get it.

I tell Alex to stop stepping up on the arm of the couch and launching herself like a flying squirrel onto the couch seat ... and she laughs, doing it again and again... until i get over to her ... then she stops and sits (still laughing, of course) ... and scrambles back up on the couch arm to jump again as soon as i walk away.

Daddy sees her do the same thing and says something -- Alex covers her eyes or starts crying... and doesn't do it anymore -- as long as he's around.

WHYYYYYYYYY  ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Ur entry above seems exactly like what I am going through with my little miss. She just turned two and has started testing her boundaries. She gets into these moods where she wants to play, and when I say no to something she is doing, she tries to turn it into a game. She laughs and giggles while testing me. When daddy says no thou, she listens like its the law... (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does this happen?!?
    And i don't know how to stop it.
    Let me know if you ever figure something out.
    Over the weekend, I tried turning the tables on her, making a fun game out of something i wanted her to stop doing... I also tried giving her an alternative to the behaviors i want her to stop -- don't jump on the couch; remember when you fell off and hit your head? you can jump here on the bed for a while...
    lotta extra work, but it seems to help a little.

    ReplyDelete