Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Steer Clear!

Interesting.

Alexandra and I were at Target... and while I was trying to find her size in winter clothes, Alex extended our time at the store by running in and out of the aisles, farther and farther away, knowing I'd come chasing after her.

However, one of the times she ran out into the main aisle -- she saw a pretty tall, burly man walking toward us.

I didn't really notice him at first, he was still so far from us ... but Alex spotted him, and immediately ran over between me and the cart i was pushing ... walking with it, hiding in that space between .... until the man passed by us.

Then, it was back to running amuk in and out of the clothing racks.

I say it's interesting, because it's not the first time it's happened.

And it doesn't happen with all men... but quite a few in the past week.

That had me reviewing in my mind all the people in her life -- me, stepsister, babysitters, church friends, playdates .... almost everyone she's in close contact with is female.

The only man -- daddy.

Now ... i have no intentions of signing up men to hang out with us ... but i wonder if I'm to blame for her apparent fear of guys.

Oooor, maybe i shouldn't complain!!  LOL!


Scared young girl

No comments:

Post a Comment