Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ah, The Memories Being Made

I honestly don't know how I'da made it through this pregnancy without my little honey-bunny Alexandra.

At 2-years-old, she is keeping my spirits up and giving my abs a workout from laughing so hard.

For example, she thinks it's hysterical to yell back at those annoying TV commercials that feel like they're yelling at viewers.

"MIKE SHAD!!!" she screams when she hears that catchy, overplayed car lot theme music.

"BRANDON GETS UM.."  she sings when she sees the dog on the bug-buster commercials.

I was waiting for Alex to start with the "MORGAN AND MORGAN, FOR THE PEOPLE" -- but apparently their presentation's a little too bland for her .. hahaha!

-----------------------

Alexandra and I were sitting on the couch the other evening with my college-age stepdaughter -- just hanging out ...

But Alex was especially feisty, jumping around and slamming her body against her older sister...

I knew if it kept on Alex would hurt herself or something .. but before i could tell her for the ump-teenth time to "stop it please!"  ... Alex had already flung her head back, hitting her sister in the glasses -- which were on her sister's face.

Oooooooouuuuuwwwwwwccchhhhh!

I'm frantically asking my stepdaughter if she's ok, as a red mark grows around her eye, and Alex yells out, "I'M OKAY!  I'M OKAY!" 

Great, thanks for letting us know .. lol.

------------------------

So there we are, Alexandra and I ... cruisin' down the road to run errands and for ONCE Alex is totally chillin' out in her car seat, enjoying looking out her window while munching on a snack.

Suddenly the silence is broken by Alex excitedly yelling, "COSS, MOMMY -- COSS!!!"

I had no clue what she was saying .. and she kept hitting her hands together, despite the fact she had her snack cup in one, and water bottle in the other.

"COSS, COSS!  BACK THERE, COSS, MOMMY!"

I said, "I'm sorry baby, I don't understand what you're saying to me."

Alex finally says, "CHURCH!! COSS! COSS!"

A lightbulb went off in my head.

Alex was so excited she recognized a CROSS on a home we passed by.. and she was trying to signal to me with her hands, because I had shown her in church how to cross her fingers to look like a cross.

I wanted to cry as it hit me (again) -- what a HUGE responsibility, teaching a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment