Monday, May 21, 2012

Peanut-A vs. Peanut-B

As time ticks away and our 2nd baby's birth creeps closer... all kinds of questions are flooding our brains --

Will my husband and I ever "see" each other again with a 2nd child in the mix?
How do we make this a smooth transition for our first born?
Do we go with a prepaid college plan, or education IRA?

What's interesting, is the question my husband asked me yesterday -- that kinda caught me off guard.

"Do you think you might ignore Alexandra because of the new baby?"

I was surprise, because I was thinking just the opposite:  My fear of resentment toward the new baby because of time he or she takes away from Alex.

I don't know why I'm afraid of that ... I have no intention of loving one child more than the other, and definitely want to give equal attention to both... which (now that I'm "saying it out loud") is probably impossible because Alex is pretty self-sufficient, aaaand a baby is, of course, not.

I'm giving myself a false sense of hope we will all adjust splendidly to our new arrival, by making it Alex and my project to fix up her new room!

Yep -- the 3 of us went searching for a "big girl" bed this past weekend -- so many cool set ups out there now!   And these stores are pretty proud (too proud) of their product!  Sheesh.  A little more $$ and hubby and I could get a brand new bed.



Girls having pillow fight

No comments:

Post a Comment