Thursday, May 17, 2012

Terrible 2s? - NAH!

There is nothing terrible about being 2!


Sure, Alexandra has her moments when she's frustrated and reverts to crying instead of "using her words" to tell me what's wrong ... but overall, I am having a blast watching her grow and learn!


At 2-years-old, Alex has got her word combinations down!  "Daddy home?"  "Follow me, mommy!"  "That's amazing." -- i think she got that one from her Mickey Mouse DVDs (Daisy Duck is very trendy)


Alex is so intuitive -- and obsevant!
I was messing around with my husband, snapping a dish towel at him while following him around the kitchen... lol...
When my last towel-snap really hit hubby hard on his back leaving a nice red mark, we laughed as he shunned my pity hugs... but Alex was watching us like a psychologist behind a 2-way mirror.


"Daddy, you have boo-boo?!"  "Daddy, you sad ?!???"


Great.  lol... the baby thinks I'm a daddy abuser.


Whomever said kids' brains are like sponge, wasn't kidding. 


Alex knows her entire alphabet, upper and lower case ....
She can count to 20 (after a little help with the numbers 17 and 19  :).... 
She can name every character affiliated with The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (including Claribel the cow's dog, Bella)
The little peanut even remembers names of people she hasn't seen in 6 months! -- Fascinating.


I think that last little observation is what's going to push my own mom in Jersey to sign up on Skype!  FINALLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment