Wednesday, May 16, 2012

30 Weeks And Counting !

Wow!  It's been a while since I've written ... and I'm FREAKING OUT.


Just returned from my now bi-monthly visit to my OBGYN...


I though if a woman had a C-section for her 1st pregnancy, she had to have one for her 2nd ... lowering the risk of ripping and hemorrhaging from the incision which could lethally endanger mom and newborn.


Nope.


Well, yes -- that can happen.


However unbeknownst to me, the chance of blood pouring from my abdomen uncontrollably during labor and delivery the 2nd time around because I had a C-section the 1st time    (sorry -- the translation of a freaked-out brain) ... is only --


 1-percent.
(Pppft!   Whatevs.   It can happen.)


So, imagine me be-bopping into the doc's office, wondering when we're going to schedule my 2nd C-section, and the doc says, "Oh. We can schedule one if you want to...."


Heh?????


Suddenly my brain is instantly spinning --
"ok, let's schedule one... a week before I"m due?!?! .... wait ... what if i start labor before that? ... are ambulances equipped to handle C-section incision rips?!?! ... what if no one's around and i have to drive myself to the hospital... ***GASP*** ... will i even have the strength to call 9-1-1 ???"


 .... sigh......   I'm ok ....


Really.


Usually what I do in these instances is take a nap and save the worrying for some other time. Lol.


Let's see --
I'm 30 weeks pregnant, and twice as big this 2nd time around.


My little Alexandra (baby #1) was born at 37 weeks.


HAHAH!  Whew.  Hope I make it that long!  Not sure how much more my body can stretch!

Ah, well...  zzzzzzzzzzz.....




PEANUT #2 !



No comments:

Post a Comment