Wednesday, June 6, 2012

8.5 Months Pregnant

Yeah.  I'm a little blissfully nervous.

I say blissfully, because the end of my pregnancy is nothing like what happend my first go-'round.

With Alexandra, I had to have an emergency c-section.

Back then at 37+ weeks, I went to a regular doctor's appointment for a checkup during my work break.

We all knew I'd have to have a c-section because Alex was breech; her butt was situated where he head should have been.    :)

However, the nurse & doctor noticed during that checkup, that all my amniotic fluid had disappeared.

Not good.

I was told to go straight to the hospital because I was having the baby that day!

This time around, the baby is head down and has already 'dropped'...  Funny- i happened to notice this week i could walk from my bedroom to the kitchen without becoming winded because the baby was no longer wedged up super high into my ribs. lol...

So now -- i guess i just wait, and enjoy being able to breathe normally for the first time in a few months.

The doctor told me I don't have to have another c-section, but there is a 1-percent chance of the old c-section cut ripping during labor.   It's not a big percentage, but if it were to happen ... it could be deadly due to the loss of blood, among other things.

So, I think i'm opting for another "c"... but i'm not so sure what happens if i'm already in labor when i arrive at the hospital..

Gotta write that question down for the doctor.  Next appointment- next week!

view details

No comments:

Post a Comment