Friday, June 22, 2012

Long-Distance Grandma

It's gotta be tough for my mom, trying to spoil her first granddaughter from 850 miles away.

Mom's been doing pretty well though!

She asked what to get Alexandra for her birthday back in March.

Since we're in the "I can feed myself!" phase, I told my mom to send a couple of cheap, cute 2-year-old outfits (to replace alll the cheap, cute clothes she has that now have food stains all over them.. lol!)

Yeah.
My mom basically went crazy at her local flea market, and bought Alex an entire Spring wardrobe! -- super cheap and super cute!

This time, when she recently asked if she could get something special for Alex, I suggested some musical sing-a-long CDs which Alex really enjoys.

My mom called last night to say she picked up some of those, and some kids' videos, specifially the Davey and Goliath Christian stories that teach good manners.

Yeeeeeaaaah.   LOL!

Not that I don't appreciate the latter addition ....  but, Alex has come to like (and by 'like', i mean 'obsess over') the fast-paced, brightly-colored animation of videos like the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  She is totally bored by shows like Mr. Rodgers and Sesame Street- shows i grew up on!  :(

If you're familiar with the Davey and Goliath stories -- I think they're claymation creations, where their movements are very choppy and primitive.

I'll still show them to Alex... just hope my mom isn't disappointed with Alex's reaction.

Young boy bored in school

No comments:

Post a Comment