Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Naming Baby #2

Ok, this is slowing becoming a fiasco during dinner conversations... lol!

When we named Alexandra, my husband, stepdaughter and I literally waited until the last possible minute (i think i was already in the hospital waiting to give birth) ... opened a book of baby names ... and chose the first name we all agreed on.

This time -- we're trying to start the discussion a little earlier ... ish (i'm due next month!)

Since we don't know the sex of the baby, we have to come up with boy and girl names.

Girl names seem to be much easier.

We'd like it to start with an A, since my stepdaughter's and toddler's names both do ... but my creative husband thinks every name my stepdaughter and I come up with -- sounds like a stripper's name.

HAHAHAHAH!

Yeah -- it was funny at first.   Now -- we're running out of choices.

Here's how the conversation sounds:

I say, "Oh!  What about April!  That's a pretty na---"

Hubby cuts me off.  "Nope. Stripper."

My stepdaughter says, "Hey.. what about Aliyah?"

Hubby:  "Stripper."

"Angel?"

"Nope."

"Amber?"

"Nah."


Unreal.  lol...


And with the boy's names, the conversation's no better.

My stepdaughter and I like modern names, like Aiden.

My husband, likes the name Roy.

ROY ?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Maybe we'd be better off waiting until the last minute to pick a name!


Emoticon with red angry face

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That is hilarious! What I did for my first child (girl), b/c we could not agree either - One day I just started referring to my bump as the name I wanted. Every time, even if he said something to me about it, I would "listen" to him but when I would talk about her (moving, keeping me up at night, even when I prayed for her future husband...) I referred to her by name. And... it just stuck! Everyone started calling her.... Mallory. Her name is Mallory Nadia Elizabeth. She will be 7 on June 20th.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! And such a beautiful name; Mallory!

    ReplyDelete