Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm going to have to find a new pet name for Alexandra. lol....

Until yesterday, I never noticed how often I call Alex, "baby" .. or "my baby" --

"Are you all done eating, my baby?"
"Time to take a bath, my baby!"

Yesterday, as I was waiting for the other baby to move so Alex could feel it in my tummy, I said, "We need to find a name for the baby!"

Alexandra looked at me, and without missing a beat she said, "My name Alex."

Ooooooh, yeeeeeaaaaah...... about that........

And then -- during the same conversation, I asked Alex if she knew where the baby was.

I meant, on my body.

She says to me, "I right here, mama!"

Sooooo-- a little deprogramming is in order, though it sure will be hard to break the habit --

Ahem....

"HEAR YE, HEAR YE!  I SHALL NOW ... HENCE-FORTH AND HERE WITHIN AND SO FORTH ... REFER TO ALEXANDRA AS MY 'BIG GIRL', AND THE NEW BABY AS 'BABY #2'!"

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment